Tortured soul 3

(Tortured soul #3)             
(Sold)
 
Mixed media on canvas panel.
    The latest in the Tortured soul series. I like this project because it departs from what I normally do. It has its own spirit so to speak. 

Many artists like to venture away from the main track and play with new ideas. You don't know what will happen when trying unfamiliar art techniques, and this must be the attraction we seek.

This guy has a story like the other two in this series. His life could be a mix of any, or even all the musicians that work their heart and soul out, trying to snatch the brass ring if it ever comes around. Many never feel the euphoria of that success. Our fellow here is one of those:

"One must endeavor till wits end. No doubtful shadow must fall on the path before you. Greatness comes to no-one but the fearless giant within".

My fruitless path has brought me to this moment. I am faced with the knowledge that my heart and soul fell prey to the careless words of fools. These loathsome words carved a rocky road to my endless gloom and despair, and forever wounded this spirit. 

Why did I listen to hypocrites, and whom of the lot rose to greatness, lighting the path before me? None I say.

Should I, could I have been anything else in this life? I think not.

Alas, I haven't a choice do I? My music warms the fabric of my soul, and gives me hope that others will hear and cherish that which I feel. This is my cause, and will be to my end. I'll find a way to stay in this place and persevere through the dim lights and dark corners in this city of cold indifference. I am music now and always.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free food this way

Pumpkin Cat